All free-standing JUCAs (and the L-8 fireplace insert)
include a unique door. This door has several advantages over
normal door structures.
- First of all, our doors are very large, when compared to competing
wood-burning products. This allows MUCH easier access to the large
firebox, so that loading wood is quite easy.
- Next, the heavy steel frame is only one-inch wide, to allow a
very nice view of the fire, since everything else is glass!
- Next, a special extra track in the door frame holds a removable
steel safety panel for protecting the glass
panel during unattended use, as when you are at work or sleeping.
- A decorative mesh screen covers the glass
on the outside. It is attractive. It also acts to spring load the
glass in the door, so that the glass fits well, but still allows the
glass and the metal to expand and contract at their different rates
during fuire starts and cooling. It also represents a safety feature.
- High-temperature glass is used for the
viewing area. Most JUCAs use the same glass that is used in nearly
all brass fireplace door assemblies, so it is well proven. Of course,
the many thousands of JUCAs in use for the past 20+ years also attest
to its performance.
The JUCA Home Page is at:
E-mail to: JUCA1@mb-soft.com