Bronze Glass Fireplace Appearance
Virtually everyone gets clear glass in their fireplace doors.
Part of this might be that many people don't realize that any
alternatives are available. Others may just stay with the
traditional choice. However, several alternatives now exist
for many door models. Check the "MODEL" link for the
Options chart to make sure that a glass type is available for
the Model you are interested in. In a few cases, door manufacturers
have gone to using Bronze glass as "standard" on
some of their door models, and they actually charge a premium
for clear glass!
Of all the alternatives, the most popular seems to be Bronze
colored glass. The following reasons are sometimes given for
choosing Bronze glass.
- Some manufacturers have found that, when customers are given
the choice on custom door sets, a very high percentage choose Bronze.
- Some people feel that Bronze glass goes nicely with Polished
Brass and Antique Brass door sets, and even with Black and Polished Brass.
- Bronze glass tends not to show smoke and soot stains as quickly
as clear glass does.
- Probably the most prominent advantage is that, during the many
summer months when the fireplace isn't generally used, the (dirty?)
interior of the fireplace is not very visible.
- Some people feel that Bronze colored glass makes the room look
- The fire still looks nice when burning with the doors closed,
a goldenish color.
- There are people who think that the glass EDGES (of clearview
styles) are more attractive, but we're not sure exactly what they mean
Built-In Fireplace Home Page is at:
Fireplace Door Selector Page is at:
E-mail to: JDoor1@mb-soft.com